- Gierdowski, D. (2017). “The Flexible Writing Classroom as a Site for Pedagogical Reflection.” In M. Kim and R. Carpenter (Eds.) Writing Studio Pedagogy: Space, Place, and Rhetoric in Collaborative Environments. Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Gierdowski, D. and Miller-Cochran, S. (2016). “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Understanding Expectations and Mapping Preferences for Writing Classroom Design.” In J. P. Purdy and D. N. DeVoss (Eds.) Making Space: Writing Instruction, Infrastructure, and Multiliteracies. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press Sweetland.
- Gierdowski, D. (2015). “Instructor Perceptions of a Flexible Writing Classroom.” In R. Carpenter, R. Selfe, S. Apostle, and K. Apostle (Eds.) Sustainable Learning Spaces, Computers & Composition Digital Press, an Imprint of the Utah State University Press.
- Gierdowski, D. and Reis, D. (2015) “The MobileMaker: An Experiment with a Mobile Makerspace.” Library Hi Tech 33:4 , 480-496.
- Miller-Cochran, S. and Gierdowski, D. (2013). “Making Peace with the Rising Costs of Writing Technologies: Flexible Classroom Design as a Sustainable Solution.” Computers and Composition Special Issue: Deploying 21st Century Writing on the Economic Frontlines, 30 (1), 50-60.
- Gierdowski, D. (2012). “Studying Learning Spaces: A Review of Selected Empirical Studies.” In R. Carpenter (Ed.) Cases on Higher Education Spaces. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.